What is Enterprise Data as a Service?
Data as a Service boils down to letting users access data the same way they’re used to accessing applications and infrastructure: as a service, available instantly, anywhere, on demand.
Enterprise customers use Actifio to build higher quality applications faster by making high fidelity test data instantly available to authorized developers, to improve business resiliency and availability by rendering traditional backup and disaster recovery point tools obsolete, and to accelerate adoption of hybrid cloud architectures in service to those and many other enterprise use cases.
WHY Enterprise Data as a Service?
Traditional approaches to managing, protecting, and accessing data take too long and cost too much. The reason? They’re designed UP from the infrastructure – from the boxes you don’t care about anymore – rather than DOWN from the applications that power the business. Odds are you’re all too familiar with the problems of this 20th century data management model:
- Development, QA, UAT, DBA and Support teams wait for days or weeks to get data to test against;
- Backups for large databases and applications don’t complete in the backup window;
- Recovering applications from outages or corruption takes too long and miss SLAs;
- Cloud-based initiatives are derailed because it’s too hard to move large data sets;
- Storage costs sprawl out of control;
- Too many point tools cause high IT costs and operational complexity (backup, snapshots, array replication, host replication, deduplication appliances and software, cloning…); and
- Teams hoard copies of old data, creating compliance and security risks.
What Can Enterprise Data as a Service Do For Me?
Actifio Enterprise Data as a Service capabilities overcomes these challenges. Actifio data virtualization software manages and provides virtual point-in-time copies of application data, instantly, on-premises, or in a public, private or hybrid cloud,
- For Backup, Disaster Recovery (DR) and Long-term data retention (vaulting),
- For Test Data Management (TDM) for application development or DevOps,
- For Analytics, BI or Data Warehousing, or
- For migrating data and workloads between infrastructure resources.
- Satisfy all of the above requirements with one platform, one license, whether it’s used in multiple public clouds, private data centers, remote offices or an MSP site.
Actifio Enterprise DaaS Solution
What Makes Actifio Different?
What makes Actifio’s approach to managing, protecting and delivering data unique is a set of platform attributes and enabling technologies we’ve developed over 8 years of virtualizing data for some of the world’s largest enterprise customers and service providers.
Among data management solutions, only Actifio is:
• Agile – Providing instant access to data, anywhere,
• Resilient – With data protection built right in, instead of bolted on,
• Independent – Meaning no vendor lock-in, on the box or in the cloud,
• Secure – Hardened for enterprise security, governance, and
• Scalable – From a single application to a global enterprise.
This particular combination of attributes is something unique, a particular form of DaaS we call “Enterprise Data-as-a-Service.”
How Does Actifio Data Virtualization Deliver Enterprise DaaS?
The Actifio platform replaces siloed data management with an application-centric, SLA-driven approach, and fundamentally does three things:
Captures application-consistent data in an incremental-forever fashion, at the block level, in native format, according to SLAs set by the admin, and creates a golden master copy. The system also automatically synthesizes virtual full copies from the golden copy plus incremental changes, so that point-in-time images are ready for use at any time
Manages the lifecycle of that application data according to its SLA. That SLA defines how often to capture incremental changes from production, where to store the data, when to deduplicate it, when and how to replicate it, when it is to be masked and encrypted for security purposes, who can access it, and how long it is to be retained.
Lets you Use that data for multiple applications, for example to provision unlimited virtual copies for application development and testing, or analytics, to rapidly recover a 30 TB database, to restore the business from discrete events like a site failure, application migration, or data center consolidation.
Who Benefits From Enterprise Data as a Service?
DATA SCIENTIST AND ANALYSTS
To do operational restores and recoveries
To do DR and testing
To clone databases
To do build integration testing
For covering automation test case
Performance & scalability testing
Root cause analysis
Data mining, warehousing, and analytics
Test & prevent security vulnerability issues
Proven Business Impact of Enterprise Data as a Service
LEARN MORE TODAY
Download the white paper to learn how Actifio EDaaS works. It explains how Actifio can meet your needs for:
Faster and higher quality application testing
Faster recoveries and better protection SLAs at a lower cost
Faster adoption of cloud, with the necessary IT controls on data