ACTIFIO TRANSFORMS UNIX DATA PROTECTION AND AVAILABILITY
Actifio provides a comprehensive copy data management solution for applications and file systems running on common UNIX systems such as HP-UX, IBM AIX, and Solaris.
Whether you need a better way to backup your Unix servers to protect your data, or need a more efficient means to provision data and extend environments for development and test data management, Actifio can help.
Actifio Virtual Data PipelineTM (VDP) technology provides for reduction in development project timelines, storage infrastructure savings, fewer defects, improved development team efficiency, and dramatically improved protection and DR service-levels.
ACTIFIO SOLUTIONS FOR UNIX DELIVER:
- High-performance data protection of Linux servers and its data.
- Application data is captured in its native format
- Incremental forever architecture. Periodic “full-backups” are never needed
- Instant Mount to provide a virtual image for file restore, full restore, or application development
- Global Deduplication and Compression: The captured change blocks are constantly evaluated against the global dedup engine, to eliminate data movement and storage of non-unique blocks.
- RESTful API: Programmatic control and extension is fulfilled via RESTful API, which opens the power of Actifio Virtual Data Pipeline (VDP) platform to service providers and other management tools.
INTEGRATION AND THE ACTIFIO CONNECTOR
The Actifio Connector is a small, lightweight process installed on Solarix, HP-UX, or AIX hosts to provide advanced data capture and recovery capabilities. The Actifio Connector:
- Ensures application consistent backup and capture.
- Truncates database logs on the host after the snapshot
- Efficiently brings new devices and mounts on-line
- Prepares application volumes for a recovery operation
BENEFITS OF USING ACTIFIO FOR UNIX
Rapidly and efficiently mounting instant virtual copies for application development without impacting production.
Actifio LiveCloneTM enables data to be updated automatically from production in a space efficient manner, allowing development and test to work with near real time data over the lifecycle of the project.
Actifio Workflows can be used to rapidly feed data to masking and sub-setting processes with push-button automation.
Using up-to-date instances of production data for development, testing, and QA, code quality is improved; rework requirements are reduced, development lifecycles are reduced.
Actifio’s robust local/remote site synchronization makes it easy to support geographically distributed development teams and ensure they have the data they need to be effective.