ACTIFIO TRANSFORMS EXCHANGE DATA PROTECTION & AVAILABILITY
Microsoft Exchange is a crucial productivity and communications platform in many enterprises today. Without immediate access to email communications and calendaring functions, most business would grind to a halt, making the protection and availability of Exchange data of paramount importance.
Actifio provides a comprehensive copy data management solution that extends the value of Exchange, provides enhanced protection of Exchange data, and makes that data and content available for a variety of use cases without taxing limited infrastructure.
Whether you need a better way to backup your Exchange servers to protect your data, or need a more efficient means to provision data and extend environments for development, migrations, legal document management, or other uses, Actifio can help.
Learn how to protect Exchange data with Actifio
ACTIFIO SOLUTIONS FOR EXCHANGE DELIVER:
- High-performance data protection of Exchange servers and their mailboxes and calendars.
- Databases, mailboxes, and logs are captured and recovered in their native format.
- Incremental forever architecture. Periodic “full-backups” are never needed.
- Instant Mount to provide a virtual image for file and mailbox restore, full application restore, or testing.
- Global Deduplication and Compression: The captured change blocks are constantly evaluated against the global dedup engine, to eliminate data movement and storage of non-unique blocks.
- RESTful API: Programmatic control and extension is fulfilled via RESTful API, which opens the power of Actifio Virtual Data Pipeline (VDP) platform to service providers and other management tools.
ACTIFIO RESTORES EXCHANGE OBJECTS IN MINUTES
In addition to restoring information at volume level, Actifio allows users to recover individual Microsoft Exchange objects.Actifio provides the capability to open an Exchange database and copy objects from a backup image to PST files or back to the production Exchange instance.
This capability is further enhanced by Actifio’s ability to provide instant access to the entire Exchange database in just seconds. To recover an individual mailbox or email, the user simply has to select the capture point that they are interested in, mount it to the server, and drag and drop the objects to the appropriate recovery destination.
INTEGRATION AND THE ACTIFIO CONNECTOR
To capture, manage, and use Exchange data, Actifio uses either the Actifio Connector or VMware API calls. The Actifio Connector is a small- footprint, lightweight service that may be installed on either virtual or physical servers and is used to manage Microsoft Exchange data.
The Actifio Connector is a small, lightweight process installed on Microsoft servers to provide advanced data capture and recovery capabilities. The Actifio Connector:
- Ensures application consistent backup and capture.
- Truncates database logs on the host after the snapshot.
- Efficiently brings new servers and mounts online.
- Prepares application volumes for recovery operations.
To learn more about the technical details of how Actifio integrates with and manages Microsoft Exchange, download the whitepaper – Redefining Microsoft® Exchange Data Management.
BENEFITS OF USING ACTIFIO FOR EXCHANGE
Rapidly and efficiently mounting instant virtual copies for mailbox recovery, application testing or development without impacting production.
Actifio LiveClone™ enables data to be updated automatically from production in a space efficient manner, allowing development and test to work with near real time data over the lifecycle of the project.
Actifio Workflows using LiveClone™ can be used to rapidly feed data to masking and sub-setting processes with push-button automation.
Actifio’s robust local/remote site synchronization makes it easy to support geographically distributed development teams and ensure they have the data they need to be effective.