ACTIFIO TRANSFORMS WINDOWS SERVERS DATA PROTECTION & AVAILABILITY
Actifio provides a comprehensive copy data management solution for applications and file systems running on Windows operating systems.
Whether you need a better way to backup and protect your data, or need a more efficient means to provision data and environments for development and test data management, Actifio can help.
Actifio Virtual Data PipelineTM (VDP) technology provides for reduction in development project timelines, storage infrastructure savings, fewer defects, improved development team efficiency, and dramatically improved protection and DR service-levels.
ACTIFIO SOLUTIONS FOR WINDOWS SERVER DELIVER:
- High-performance data protection of Windows servers and their data.
- Application data is captured in its native format
- Incremental forever architecture. Periodic “full-backups” are never needed
- Instant Mount to provide a virtual image for file restore, full restore, or application development
- Global Deduplication and Compression: The captured change blocks are constantly evaluated against the global dedup engine, to eliminate data movement and storage of non-unique blocks.
- RESTful API: Programmatic control and extension is fulfilled via RESTful API, which opens the power of Actifio Virtual Data Pipeline (VDP) platform to service providers and other management tools.
ACTIFIO EXTENDS THE VALUE OF MICROSOFT HYPER-V
Actifio Virtual Data Pipeline technology supports complete copy data virtualization of Hyper-V VMs, providing a complete solution for your virtual environment. Actifio VDP will discover, snapshot, and track changed blocks of individual VMs, providing effective management of your virtual environment on a per VM basis.
By integrating with Microsoft Hyper-V, you are able to:
- Discover Hyper-V servers and Virtual Machines through System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SVCMM
- Discover Virtual Machines through independent Hyper-V servers
- Discover, snapshot, and track changed blocks per VM
- Capture, protect, access, and restore Hyper-V VMs.
- Fully protect individual VMs on Hyper-V Clusters
INTEGRATION AND THE ACTIFIO CONNECTOR
Agentless Backup and Capture with VMware
When Windows Servers are running in a VMware vSphere environment, Actifio VDP technology is able to backup, capture, manage, restore, and put your data to use without the need of traditional backup agents.
VDP will discover your servers, applications, and data by leveraging VMware API’s for Data Protection (VADP), and Change Block Tracking tools for application consistent, incremental forever capture without impacting performance.
The Actifio Connector for Microsoft Servers:
The Actifio Connector is a small, lightweight process installed on hosts to provide advanced data capture and recovery capabilities on physical servers. The Actifio Connector:
- Enables the Actifio appliance to discover supported applications on host servers.
- Ensure application consistent backup and capture leveraging VSS.
- Truncates the logs of the application on the host after the snapshot if desired
- Prepares application volumes for a recovery operation
BENEFITS OF USING ACTIFIO FOR WINDOWS SERVERS
Rapidly and efficiently mounting instant virtual copies for application development without impacting production.
Actifio LiveCloneTM enables data to be updated automatically from production in a space efficient manner, allowing development and test to work with near real time data over the lifecycle of the project.
Actifio Workflows can be used to rapidly feed data to masking and sub-setting processes with push-button automation.
Using up-to-date instances of production data for development, testing, and QA, code quality is improved; rework requirements are reduced, development lifecycles are reduced.
Actifio’s robust local/remote site synchronization makes it easy to support geographically distributed development teams and ensure they have the data they need to be effective.