ACTIFIO COPY DATA SERVICES
Actifio’s copy data virtualization is a foundational part of any cloud, delivering a rich set of copy data services for the applications that power business. Actifio’s powerful and extensible platform, complete with expert services, helps businesses simplify their infrastructure and gain control of their data. Actifio platform capabilities include:
- Application-centric data lifecycle management
- Programmatic control via RESTful API
- Network-optimized data mobility
- Closed loop analytics for data management insights
Traditional methods for managing copy data involved separate tools and technologies, different operating models, and overlapping cost and complexity.
Actifio’s copy data virtualization platform changes the perspective on data management, away from a storage and infrastructure-centric viewpoint, towards enabling a catalog of data services.
With Actifio, a rich set of SLAs – policy templates that define the lifecycle of data – can be defined generically, and then applied to specific applications, file systems, databases, even individual VMs to enable a wide variety of copy data services.
- Data services span use cases – for example, data protection, disaster recovery, warehousing, migration, and more.
- Data services span geographies – for example, cloud vaulting, remote office data centralization, multi-hop replication.
- Data services span storage tiers – from flash-based performance tiers to dense, low-performance disk drives.
- Data services span business models – enabling Cloud Service Providers to instrumenting internal Enterprise IT as a Service initiatives.
BUSINESSES LEVERAGING ACTIFIO’S COPY DATA SERVICES REALIZE SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS
Rapidly Integrate Into Enterprise Data Architecture
- Accelerate automation and standardization of processes
- Enable self-service for various data services
- Deliver reporting for any application
- Reduce support costs and increase adoption and satisfaction
Provide Better Data Services to the Business
- Bring more consolidation, automation and consumerization to IT and enterprise services
- Deliver comprehensive dashboards and analytics to IT executives to aid in decision making
- Extend IT’s tools and processes for data services delivery and management across the enterprise
Leverage Virtual Data
- Store and manage physical copies only once
- Eliminate the need for many complex, expensive solutions
- Eliminate physical data copy islands that hinder master data management initiatives