Enterprise Backup & DR for the Hybrid Cloud
The Actifio data virtualization platform delivers Enterprise Data-as-a-Service across hybrid cloud infrastructures to support key enterprise resiliency use cases, including data protection, backup, disaster recovery, and long-term data retention or vaulting – whether your applications run and are to be protected on-prem, or in a public or private cloud. Additionally, Actifio helps some of the largest MSPs in the world deliver resiliency services in their clouds from our single data virtualization platform to thousands of businesses worldwide.
Protect data, replicate it anywhere, access it anywhere, and get tunable Recovery Point Objectives from 1-24 hours, Recovery Time Objectives in minutes, and Retention periods from days to decades. Plus manage it all with simple SLA-based policies.
OVERVIEW – WHAT ACTIFIO DOES
Across a hybrid cloud environment, Actifio lets you…
Data by SLA
Data for Recovery or Anything Else
The Actifio Data Virtualization Platform Captures application-consistent data from hosts in the cloud or on-prem, in an incremental-forever fashion, at the block level in native format, according to SLAs set by the admin, and creates a golden master copy. The system also automatically synthesizes virtual full copies from the golden copy plus incremental changes, so that point-in-time images are ready for use at any time
Actifio manages the lifecycle of that application data according to its SLA. That SLA defines how often to capture incremental changes from production, where to store the data, when to deduplicate it, when and how to replicate it, when it is to be masked and encrypted for security purposes, who can access it, and how long it is to be retained
Actifio lets you use that data to keep your business safe, however you need to. Whether that means rapid on-site recovery – even of a 100 TB database, or disaster recovery of a massive VMware environments in MSP Cloud like Sungard AS, for root cause analysis of a production bug – in Azure, to recover from a malware attack or corruption in Oracle Cloud, to prove compliance with off-site backup requirements in AWS or decade-long retention policies in Google Cloud, or to migrate between storage systems, application versions or to IBM Bluemix.
ACTIFIO DATA-AS-A-SERVICE DRIVES IMPROVED BUSINESS RESILIENCY
Each step of the data management process is optimized with Actifio to achieve remarkable levels of performance while requiring substantially less use of costly infrastructure. The result is dramatically better resiliency for an organization and its mission-critical applications.
KEY FEATURES FOR PROACTIVE BUSINESS RESILIENCY
Beyond the core value of the Virtual Data Pipeline technology, there are a number of key features that enable Actifio to deliver remarkable improvements in business resiliency.
BUSINESS RESILIENCY USE CASES
The Actifio platform moves past the legacy construct of traditional backup and recovery solutions to deliver a single and radically simple data protection system. Actifio’s unique differentiated features in backup and recovery deliver powerful functionality that can speed backup modernization, improve recovery point (RPO) and recovery time (RTO) service levels, and apply granular protection at the application level and even at the VM level.
DISASTER RECOVERY & BUSINESS CONTINUITY
As a business continuity and disaster recovery system, the Actifio platform is unique in the confidence that it gives its customers. Most DR systems are tested too infrequently to give organizations confidence that they can actually recover in the event of a disaster. With Actifio, one can use those testing features of the system all the time, because they are simple to use and don’t create additional data or any impact on production systems.
DATA GOVERNANCE AND COMPLIANCE
Actifio brings order and automation to data governance and compliance in large organizations, replacing complex collections of data management tools and manual processes. Actifio’s SLA-based data management and workflows enable proper handling of data based on rules defined to ensure proper long term retention, data masking to protection personal data, and other requirements. Compliance is required without driving endless incremental copies, saving substantial money by dramatically reducing the storage required to meet compliance and governance needs.
More Key Features
- Customizable, intuitive SLA-based management
- Change block tracking for Oracle databases, Microsoft
SQL Server, VMware vSphere/ESXi, Linux file systems
and database applications, Exchange server, Windows
file systems, Hyper-V, etc.
- Snapshots – integrated with host layer (OS, hypervisor, applications, databases, file system, etc.) for consistency and change block tracking
- Synthetic ‘full’ point-in-time backup images
- Instant Mount to present synthetic full images rapidly to hosts, eliminating the need to copy from backup for recoveries
- Global Deduplicatiion, to eliminate unnecessary movement and retention of non-unique blocks, reducing bandwidth and storage requirements.
- Long-term retention for compliance with easy access & automatic expiration, on dedup or object storage
- Replication: 4 flexible replication options to meet
your RPO, RTO and Retention needs, all enabled with
encryption for security and compression for efficient
- StreamSnap: Low-RPO replication supporting DR and test/dev refresh use cases
- Dedup Async Replication: Low-bandwidth replication with automatic rehydration of data for lower RTOs
- Dedup Backup Replication: Low-bandwidth replication that stores data in a space-efficient dedup format at the target site
- OnVault: Replication directly to cost-effective Object Storage platforms in the cloud (S3, Azure, Blob or Google Cloud Platform, or on-premises systems via S3 or S3-like APIs, for long-term retention – with the ability to mount data instantly.
- Resiliency Director for disaster recovery orchestration and automatic DR testing
LEARN MORE TODAY
Gartner calls us visionary. We save our customers millions, and they sleep really well at night. Get in touch to learn how we can help your organization become more resilient, agile, competitive and profitable.