BOSTON – January 19, 2016 – Actifio, the copy data virtualization company, today announced the general availability of Actifio Global Manager (AGM), a web-scale data virtualization solution delivering instant access and radically simple management of application data for business resiliency and test data management across private, public, and hybrid cloud environments.
Over the last 6 years, the Actifio copy data virtualization platform has been deployed in many of the world’s largest and most complex enterprise IT organizations and Managed Service Providers (MSPs). It has scaled up to thousands of application instances associated with petabytes of data deployed across private data centers, and hybrid or public cloud environments including Amazon AWS. After an extensive early access program, Actifio has released AGM for general availability for these web-scale environments, delivering Actifio’s trademark capabilities of instant application data access, for even very large database instances, all driven by Service Level Agreements (SLAs) extending across the full lifecycle of data from production to retirement.
Actifio Global Manager delivers the following key capabilities:
- Scale up from one to multiple instances of Actifio quickly and easily, managing thousands of applications, petabytes of data, independent of hardware infrastructure or physical location. AGM can seamlessly manage application data lifecycle across private, public or hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Deliver standardized Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and security models across the enterprise. Ensure that application data is consistently managed by the same SLAs, and users have consistent rights to access only the relevant data, independent of location or organization
- Reduce capital and operational expenses for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) with a secure multi-tenant, scale-out architecture, which enables operations teams to centrally administer, manage, monitor multiple tenants located anywhere in customer data centers, in MSP’s data centers, or in Amazon AWS public cloud.
- Automatic load balancing by distributing application workloads for data protection among a pool of Actifio appliances, which radically simplifies capacity management in fast growing web-scale environments.
- Simplified capacity management with ‘one-click’ migration of applications between Actifio appliances, similar to VMware VMotion.
- Easy integration by users and MSPs into portals and other custom software via a single, central entry-point and a RESTful API enabling streamlined integration of an entire data virtualization environment with users’ business processes and software-defined data center.
- Next-generation visualization with a new HTML5 based interface to display timeline-based views of SLAs, backup, replication and other events and alerts from across an enterprise.
“We’ve grown rapidly with Actifio, not only adding dozens of new clients to our cloud backup, DR and DevOps services, but also growing our footprint and MRR with existing customers by providing net new services,” said Jeremy Wolfram, Director of Development at Net3 Technologies, a Cloud Services Provider. “After doing extensive validation testing of Actifio Global Manager and its RESTful API this year, we are building it into our automation platform, so we can more easily scale and manage the data infrastructure for our growing base of Actifio clients.”
David Chang, Senior Vice President of Solutions Development at Actifio, said, “Actifio Global Manager was designed for the rapidly growing footprint of Actifio solutions in user’s environments. More of our users have scaled to multi-site, multi-appliance environments and have begun to use public cloud infrastructure like Amazon AWS as a seamless part of their datacenter. AGM delivers unprecedented simplicity of management for these web-scale users. Application data virtualization requires a unique scale-out technology that is all about Applications, Data and SLAs, completely independent of hardware infrastructure and location. Users need to be able to instantly access data and applications from anywhere, be able to migrate, load balance and manage the applications and data, from a single interface. We worked closely with over a hundred of our early access program partners for over two years to deliver a solution that will delight our users. We are incredibly proud of this work, and thrilled with the response we’re already getting from users.”
“There has been significant work on scaling out hardware platforms in the last few years. When it comes to virtualization, though, scale-out technology is all about software,” said Actifio Founder & CEO Ash Ashutosh. “Application data virtualization at web-scale is an order of magnitude more complex problem to address. Actifio Global Manager unshackles the infrastructure dependency and makes it faster and easier for our largest customers and service provider partners to access and manage their data at global web-scale. That’s the real power of AGM, and the power of Actifio.”
Actifio Global Manager is available for purchase now.
Actifio virtualizes the data that’s the lifeblood of businesses in more than 30 countries around the world. Actifio’s Virtual Data Pipeline™ technology enables customers to protect, access, and move their data faster, more efficiently, and more simply by decoupling data from physical storage, similar to hypervisor technology decoupling compute from physical servers. For enterprise-class backup modernization, self-serve instant data access, or service provider business transformation, Actifio is the first and only choice for radically simple copy data virtualization. For more visit Actifio.com, or follow us on Twitter @Actifio.