Actifio Named a 2018 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice For Data Center Backup & Recovery Software
Recognition Based on Customer Reviews by IT Professionals and End Users Worldwide
WALTHAM, Mass. – February 12, 2018 – Actifio, the Data-as-a-Service company, today announced it has been named a 2018 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Data Center Backup & Recovery Software, based on reviews by Actifio customers from their experiences with the company’s data-as-a-service platform.
The Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice is a ranking of vendors by verified end-user professionals on Gartner Peer Insights, taking into account both the number of end-user reviews and the overall user ratings. Gartner, Inc., announced today the vendors for this category Data Center Backup & Recovery.
Actifio received this distinction due to the many glowing reviews provided by members of its worldwide customer base of more than 2,700 enterprise users. A sampling of what Actifio customers said in their reviews:
- “I wish all enterprise class solutions were this easy to implement and manage! Actifio took the time to listen and *UNDERSTAND* our needs, something that our current vendor did not. The other vendors that we looked at have old code bases that they band-aid newer technologies into. Actifio targets the modern data-center and cloud environments. They clearly beat any of the competition.” — Chief enterprise architecture and technology innovation engineer in education industry
- When asked what an end user liked most about the product or service: “The simple approach to a complex process. I believe beauty is in simplicity.” — Senior Infrastructure Manager in services industry
- “Actifio – Products that are exceeding expectations. Customer service is superb! The transfer from our previous backup solution to Actifio’s data protection was seamless. Backup times have improved and recovery of that data is easy and fast.” – Systems Engineer in a government agency
- “We have been using Actifio for a number of years now with exceptional results, gone are the days of troubleshooting daily backup failures. In the early days, implementation was simple and now it’s even easier with the Sky virtual appliance… Actifio and the guys who provide consultancy and support are experts in their field and can always be relied upon.” – Technical Architect in services industry
- “Actifio is easy to use, proven results give confidence, and ability to grow with your company on-premise or in the cloud really make it worth the investment.” – Manager of Systems and Network in media industry
- “The rapid speed we can provision large databases from production backups has changed the way we develop and test our software. Due to the way Actifio captures and presents backups, we can have large number of dev/test databases without the need to provide a lot of storage.” DBA in finance industry “Actifio is now the lifeblood of our DBA and Development teams.” — Network Engineer in media industry
Ash Ashutosh, Founder and CEO of Actifio, said, “There is nothing more gratifying or more important to Actifio than having a positive impact on our customers’ businesses. The quantity and quality of Actifio customer reviews on Gartner Peer Insights provides what we consider the latest indication that enterprises are moving to modernize their data management and prioritizing instant access to their critical data for the many uses cases that require it. Actifio has been disrupting the legacy approaches that prevailed for decades with our storage-agnostic, cloud-agnostic data-as-a-service platform.”
How Gartner Peer Insights differs from other “survey ratings”
Gartner Peer Insights have high integrity and credibility due to their transparency and process. Beyond collecting comments about products, Gartner ensures that the reviews are written by real employees of companies where the solutions are actually deployed. All reviews are available on the Gartner Peer Insights website, but without the authors’ names.
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-users based on their own experiences, and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice distinctions are determined by the subjective opinions of individual end-user customers based on their own experiences, the number of published reviews on Gartner Peer Insights and overall ratings for a given vendor in the market, as further described here and are not intended in any way to represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
Actifio is the world’s leading Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) platform. It enables thousands of users around the world to deliver their data just as they deliver their applications and infrastructure . . . as a service available instantly, anywhere. An enterprise-class software platform powered by patented Virtual Data Pipeline™ technology, Actifio frees data from traditional infrastructure to accelerate adoption of hybrid cloud, build higher quality applications faster, and improve business resiliency and availability. For more, visit Actifio.com or follow us on Twitter @Actifio.