Actifio Begins 2019 Well Positioned in Era of Multi-Cloud, DevOps, GDPR
Data-Driven Enterprises Keep Choosing Actifio
to Manage Any Data From Any App in Any Cloud
Waltham, Mass. – January 10, 2019 – Actifio, the world’s leading enterprise Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) software provider, finished a strong calendar year 2018 that included major growth milestones and rapidly increasing adoption of its application-centric, cloud-agnostic, hardware-independent platform.
As 2019 begins, data-driven organizations are modernizing their legacy infrastructure-oriented data management strategies and implementing hybrid and multi-cloud approaches that begin with getting control of their data. Having spent its early years developing a holistic data management platform that serves numerous use cases, Actifio accelerated its growth and achieved several major milestones in 2018:
- Surpassed the 3,500 mark in global customers across 38 countries
- Announced new alliances with technology leaders such as IBM, Fujitsu, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Azure, as well as adding numerous new resellers and service providers around the world
- Introduced the most comprehensive cyber resilience solution on the market, Cyber Incident Recovery solutions, in partnership with IBM and integrated with IBM Resiliency Orchestration software
- Accelerated customers’ adoption of hybrid and multi-cloud data management services as Actifio SkyTM now offers the broadest range of support available — across Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud, VMware Cloud, and Alibaba Cloud — while protecting customers’ existing investments with hybrid and on-premises solutions for VMware, HyperV, Nutanix, Linux, Windows, AIX, HP-UX and Solaris
- Held its first global user and partner conference, Data Driven 2018, which drew nearly 500 participants form companies with a combined market value over $2 trillion
According to a recent IDC Market Note, Actifio Strengthens Its Data-as-a-Service Vision with App-Centric Approach in the Multi-cloud and DevOps Era, “What differentiates Actifio’s DaaS vision is its holistic approach toward data management and an application-centric view that is essential in the era of multi-cloud, DevOps, and tougher regulations. Actifio is strengthening its DaaS offering by forging new alliances with database vendors, as well as cloud and data infrastructure vendors.”
The IDC Market Note (doc #EMEA44399818), can be accessed in full via this link.