Actifio Announces Cloud and Data Archiving Best Practices Webinar with Amazon Web Services
August 17, 2016
Boston – August 17, 2016 – Actifio, the copy data virtualization company, today announced its participation in an upcoming webinar featuring Wayne Saxe, Partner Solution Architect at Amazon Web Services (AWS), along with Chandra Reddy, VP of Product Marketing at Actifio and Ratan Tipirneni, SVP Cloud Business Development at Actifio, to present the best practices and tips for paring down on-premises infrastructure, eliminating expensive deduplication appliances and key steps for adopting a hybrid cloud architecture to make archived data instantly accessible for analytics and business intelligence.
“We are excited to be working with AWS, an innovator in cloud computing strategies, to help our joint customers overcome the challenges of securely moving, refreshing and accessing their application data in the cloud, especially the ability to make archived data instantly available for use by their powerful cloud analytics solution,” said Ratan Tipirneni, SVP, Cloud Business Development at Actifio. “This webinar will be especially helpful for those companies having trouble migrating their data toward the cloud because they are trapped in legacy IT investments and would rather focus on building their business, not their infrastructure.”
This AWS-Actifio live webinar will explore cutting edge concepts and solutions for reducing infrastructure sprawl and deploying effective hybrid cloud architectures directly from our team of cloud experts. You’ll learn best practices on how to build an on-ramp to the cloud and leverage the latest technologies like Amazon S3, Redshift, and Actifio for long-term data retention, data analytics and business intelligence and other use cases in order to enable enterprise hybrid clouds to:
- Ease the management of data and application workloads across legacy data centers
- Reduce your growing datacenter footprint and cut down on-premises infrastructure
- Provision and use corporate data securely anytime, anywhere
- Leverage on demand data warehouse and analytics solutions in cloud by overcoming the problem of “Data Gravity”
- Get rid of expensive and inefficient tape infrastructure and additional processes to ship tapes off-site to focus more on core business competencies instead of commodity IT infrastructure and operations
- Test the integrity of the data on an on-going basis throughout the life-cycle of the retention period with no incremental cost
The first 30 Actifio customers to register for this webinar and attend will get to try out this feature at no cost on AWS for up to 3TB of data for 30 days to deliver positive business outcomes within their own enterprise environments.
- Wayne Saxe, Partner Solution Architect, AWS
- Ratan (RK) Tipirneni, SVP of Cloud Business Development, Actifio
- Chandra Reddy, VP of Product Marketing, Actifio
Hybrid Cloud 101: Reduce Data Center Footprint and Get Off Tape
Thursday, August 18, 2016; 1:00-2:00p.m. ET | 10:00-11:00a.m. PT
Actifio virtualizes the data that’s the lifeblood of businesses in more than 30 countries around the world. Its Virtual Data Pipeline ™ technology enables businesses to manage, access, and protect their data faster, more efficiently, and more simply by decoupling data from physical storage, much the same way a hypervisor decouples compute from physical servers. To accelerate toward hybrid cloud architectures, build higher quality applications faster, and improve business resiliency and availability, Actifio is the first and only enterprise class copy data virtualization platform. For more visit Actifio.com, or follow us on Twitter @Actifio.