GDPR Will Change the Way Businesses Manage Their Data
Actifio’s Enterprise Data-as-a-Service Software Delivers Modern Data Management
Capabilities to Address Regulatory Challenges
GDPR, a Global Game-Changer
According to a survey conducted in 2017 by consulting firm Baker Mckenzie, 70% of respondents believe that organizations will need to invest additional budget/effort to comply with the consent, data mapping and cross-border data transfer requirements under the GDPR. In addition, nearly 45% of respondents indicated that they either do not have the tools to ensure that their organization complies with the main requirements under the GDPR, or else could only obtain such tools at significant cost.. Almost 30% of respondents agreed that the GDPR represents a “Global Game-Changer.”
Key questions to ask regarding your data management and data privacy strategy:
- Are you using multiple technologies to manage secondary copies of your data?
- Do you have multiple, physical copies of production data spread throughout the enterprise – for development, test, training, analytics, and more?
- Is personally identifiable data flagged as sensitive in your systems?
- Are you obfuscating or anonymizing PII in a consistent, programmatic fashion?
- Have you adjusted your retention policies in the face of new privacy requirements?
- As you design privacy into your systems, do you have the ability to rapidly spin up development and test environments to meet the May 2018 deadline?
Regardless of your company size or industry, GDPR will have significant implications on how you design, manage, store, and protect data. The technologies you choose to assist in compliance should be applicable to a broad set of data management requirements, to assist with current and future regulatory requirements. Actifio’s Enterprise Data-as-a-Service software platform is a powerful solution for modern data management.
LEARN MORE TODAY
Download the white paper to learn how Actifio Enterprise Data as a Service works. It explains how Actifio can meet your needs for:
Faster and higher quality application testing
Faster recoveries and better protection SLAs at a lower cost
Faster adoption of cloud, with the necessary IT controls on data