Actifio has announced that it has secured an oversubscribed $100M funding round led by Tiger Global Management, with participation from current their investors: North Bridge, Greylock IL, Advanced Technology Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and Technology Crossover Ventures. With these funds, Actifio plans hasten their expansion of market coverage, global brand development, and produce feature enhancements in data management solution for virtualized and Cloud IT architectures.
The complexity and costs that are associated with data IT are constantly challenging organizations and businesses while being bound to a legacy, infrastructure-centric model. Actifio, however, has delivered business transformation to hundreds of users worldwide over the past four years with its pioneering information-centric data virtualization paradigm. This enables businesses to move faster, be more resilient, enhance agility, and leverage the insights hidden within in their data.
The infrastructure-centric model of making and moving an independent copy of data closer to independent backup, business continuity, dev & test, analytics, and compliance are expensive, highly restrictive, and slow access to information. Additionally, they often fall short on delivering satisfactory service levels for IT organizations that support modern, always-‐on, agile businesses.
Actifio’s Virtual Data Pipeline (VDP) technology meets these ever-growing needs by enabling enterprise users and service providers to virtualize data management as well as the ability to decouple their application data from their physical infrastructure. As a result, it creates an order-of-magnitude improvement in business resiliency, agility and intelligence in addition to instant access to information from any point-in-time, for any application, at any location, to support any IT architecture. On top of all this, it lowers costs by up to 90%.
Actifio also announced a list of operating milestone metrics, including:
- 182 percent year-‐over-‐year bookings growth in 2013
- Over 300 enterprise users worldwide
- More than 25 cloud service provider partners with Actifio-powered offerings in production or in process, including IBM’s new SmartCloud Data Virtualization (SCDV), and Sungard’s Recover2Cloud cloud disaster recovery services
- Customers in 31 countries, with 44% of total bookings outside the United States
- Over 1 Exabyte of data, 14 Petabytes of active application data and 55 Petabytes of physical storage capacity under management
- Global deployments across broad platforms including VMWare, Windows, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, AS/400 and others; applications including VMWare, SQL, Oracle, DB2, Exchange, Sharepoint, SAP, and others; in over 25 vertical markets
- 36 patents granted, filed, or acquired.
Seventy-five million dollars of the funding was finalized on March 14, 2014; the remainder of the $100 million will be committed to the company by April 7, 2014.