Enterprises all over the world are looking to migrate SAP workloads running on premises to the cloud. The big question is, how will they migrate their SAP HANA data to the public cloud, especially for Tier 1 workloads like SAP production databases? Approaches such as custom scripts, native database replication, and recovering from backups suffer from challenges such as large bandwidth requirements, extended application downtime, or insufficient coverage for certain databases. But most importantly, none of those approaches gives you the ability to provision dozens of database clones instantly in the cloud, which is extremely important because it enables multiple iterative testing phases before moving production to the cloud.
Instead, users should look at an approach which can replicate a wide variety of databases. More importantly, users should be able to provision dozens of database clones instantly in the cloud so tests can be done simultaneously on multiple database instances to reduce the migration testing time.
The benefits to using this approach are clear:
- Shrink on-premises and public cloud data footprints to reduce TCO
- Gain instant access to data in the public cloud
- Use the cloud of your choice, including multiple clouds at the same time
- Efficient, fast validation of pre-, during, and post-migration processes
- No physical transport of data
- Integrated data security during and after the migration
- Post migration, users continue to get backup, disaster recovery, long term data retention, and database cloning in the cloud.
Actifio GO is a true SaaS data protection and recovery platform for SAP using HANA, Oracle, MS SQL databases running in Cloud VMs. It delivers application consistent, incremental forever backups, instant recovery for DR, and rapid DB cloning for test/dev.
To learn more about how it works, download the white paper.
Sign up for blog updates via email.Subscribe