Oracle Data Management Using Actifio – Backup, Disaster Recovery, Dev / Test Data Management & More
Companies use Actifio Copy Data Storage (CDS) for Oracle database management to eliminate redundant silos of infrastructure and radically simplify the operational process. The end result: customers can reduce cost by up to 10X.
Download our whitepaper at the right for a more detailed discussion of how Actifio provides a single solution for Backup, Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Rapid Application Development for Oracle.
- Actifio CDS leverages the backup-certified utilities and interfaces for Oracle to deliver a radically more efficient data management approach than those provided by traditional siloed data management applications. CDS eliminates siloed data protection applications, virtualizing data management to deliver an application-centric, SLA-driven solution that decouples the management of data from storage, network and server infrastructure.
- Actifio CDS can be used in two different configurations in an Oracle Database environment – Network Configuration and In-Band Configuration.
- In a network configuration, Oracle RMAN Incrementally Updated Backups are leveraged to capture a copy of changed data from the database and reuse the data for multiple applications.
- All Oracle storage formats are supported, including raw volumes, file systems, and ASM.
- The In-Band configuration works similarly to the network configuration except that Actifio CDS is configured within the SAN fabric, monitoring the traffic between the Oracle database application and the SAN disk storage system.