Actifio Copy Data Storage Products
A complete storage system, purpose-built for copy data.
Actifio is radically simple copy data management.
Actifio’s Copy Data Storage system is designed specifically to address the requirements of copy data, the root of the storage explosion. Our appliance is a complete storage system – production-class hardware, and software with 11 patents pending – that together enable you to recover anything instantly, for up to 90 percent less. Actifio lets you manage the data protection, availability, and management of applications typically handled by point tools like backup, snapshot, disaster recovery, business continuity, replication, de-duplication, and even WAN optimization.
Actifio virtualizes these disparate data management functions, to deliver a solution that decouples the management of data from storage, network, and server infrastructure. The resulting system is software defined, application centric, and SLA driven…. Letting IT managers create a single “gold copy” of whatever they need to protect, quickly and easily recover it when necessary, and dramatically improve service levels while eliminating the need for a complex tangle of separate and expensive tools.
The result? Radically simple copy data storage:
Protect Applications Simply
Once deployed in your environment, Actifio will auto-discover applications, virtual machines, hosts, etc. To protect an application, simply select it from a list in the Actifio Application Manager, bind your desired SLA, and click protect. It’s that simple.
Create SLAs Easily
Creating SLAs with Actifio is as easy as binding them to applications. Just name the SLA in the fully integrated SLA Architect, set the snapshot frequency, set the backup frequency, and set the replication policy. Save the settings, and you’re ready to go.
Actifio System Features
- Consumer-Grade user experience delivers an intuitive, point-and-click operation for managing data that translates into faster time to productivity.
- SLA Architect: Actifio’s engine for creating SLAs that define the frequency of snapshots, class of storage to utilize, replication frequency and type, and retention, then mapping to applications and/or hosts.
- High-Performance Software Platformkeeps pace with large-scale host counts and data sets, from Cloud infrastructures to Big Data implementations.Quick and efficient virtual copies of data are produced with no additional initial storage footprint.
- Incremental forever with zero backup window approach captures and moves copy data efficiently, optimizing bandwidth and storage capacity.
- Accelerated Ingest with Change Block Tracking: Capture of only the unique changed blocks of application data, resulting in near-zero Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Copy Data Virtualization: Globally de-duplicated object file system manages the application-aware copy data lifecycle across snapshot points in time, storage pools, and even sites. Storage optimization results in up to 95% reduction in the storage footprint in both local and remote sites.
- Dedup Async Replication: Actifio-designed network protocol for efficient data movement, optimizing bandwidth usage by only transferring unique data to the remote data stores. In addition to the native global de-duplication of data, this protocol drives down network usage by up to 70%. Based on SLA, copy data is continuously rehydrated on the remote site in order to achieve instant access or restores.
Restore Anything Instantly
Actifio eliminates restore windows and enables recovery time objectives measured in seconds, not minutes or hours, even for multi-terabyte files. Just use the Application Manager to select the application, choose the restore point, and pick a recovery option (including clone, restore, and mount, which enables your production system to access it’s data directly from the Actifio appliance.) Set your restore details, and in just seconds, you’re up and running again.
Have more questions about Actifio Copy Data Storage?
Or, download the Actifio whitepaper:
- Dedup Backup Replication: Actifio-designed method for moving de-duplicated data to a remote site for long-term retention.
- Instant Recovery: By directly mounting the recovered data to a server, no data movement is necessary, resulting in near-zero recovery times.
- Data Center Scalability with pre-configured systems designed to manage from 15TB to 100TB of source application data, and up to 1000 VMs in a single system.
- Advanced Reporting Services through a flexible and powerful report designer.
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Replication to deliver to the most stringent data continuity service levels.
- FailoverTest – run disaster recovery test as often as possible using ReadyVM and virtual copies.
- FailoverSync– Sync back application data from business continuity DR site once the primary site is ready using only the uniquely changed data.
- Network-optimized replication of data allows users to move data over the IP network with up to 70% less bandwidth using patent pending Dedup-Async technology.
- In-band data capture delivering Fibre Channel speed data capture and management.
- Out of band data capture frees in-band production data network with straight forward setup and configuration.
- Optional 10GbE Connectivity for maximum throughput to capture data from high data volume applications.
Have more questions about Actifio Copy Data Storage?